TO BE CERTIFIED HALAAL, THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE MUST BE FOLLOWED:
1. Request for Halaal certification must be requested in writing on an official letterhead to [email protected]
2. Upon receipt of request, an application is forwarded to client. Applications may also be downloaded from the website www.islamiccouncilsa.co.za
3. The completed application together with docs as requested are forwarded to the Chief Supervisor to check to see if it correct.
a. Must include details and I D documents of muslim personnel that will be permanently on site.
b. Must allow random inspections to take place without prior notice.
4. The chief Supervisor will give the completed application to an inspector .
5. The inspector will call the client and arrange for an inspection of the site and products.
6. The inspector goes to the site, conducts the inspection and writes up a report. Report must include a product list and or menu, stock list and supplier list.
7. The report is forwarded to the Chief Supervisor who works out a quote.
8. The quote is forwarded to the client.
9. The client accepts the quote.
10. All of the documents ie Application Form; ID document; price structure etc. are presented to the CEO for approval.
11. The CEO approves the application form and forwards it to the Administrator to prepare the certificate and forward it to accounts.
12. The accounts department raises the invoice.
13. If it is a C.O.D and the monies have been received by ICSA, then the certificate is delivered to the client. In some instances, the client will collect the certificate.
14. If arrangements have been made to pay for the certificate on a monthly basis via EFT, then the certificate and invoice are delivered to the client.
15. Regular inspections are done unannounced.